This week I tell a story about a high school experiment in strongman training, and why that made a huge impact on the rest of my training and coaching career. I think you’ll dig it.
Also, some of your training questions answered…
- The best way to learn the basics of human physiology and nutrition.
- Thoughts on strongman training methods.
- How to train for strength if you work crazy shifts. Firemen and police officers can relate.
- How do you know when you’re ready for more advanced programming?
- My best advice for aspiring writers.
- My favorite squat program.
- How to gain weight for weightlifting
- How can you isolate and strengthen the thoracic spine?
- If I could go back, how I would train different and why.
- What to do if your lower back get’s super pumped and uncomfortable during training, etc.
Tonight’s tunes are “Fire it up” and “Little Motel” by Modest Mouse. Do a good thing. Support the artists you love. Buy more music!
I hope you enjoy the show. Cheers!
- You can subscribe to Get Change on any podcast feed, like iTunes and Stitcher. If you dig the show, consider leaving a review or comment. That will help other folks find the message.
- Don’t miss Chris’ new book, “Get Change.” A limited batch of signed copies is up for sale now over at Merch.BarbellShrugged.com.
I listened to this ep of Get Change on the way home from my ‘not-my-life’s-passion’ work gig tonight. Your words about Henry Rollins, and his advice to you during that difficult time, really resonated with me mate. Just wanted to stop by and say thanks man.
Thanks for answering my question!
I love that you guys are actively involved with your community, so keep doing what you’re doing. Looks like I’ll be getting more Yoga/Meditation in during my work days, and going to start lifting heavy as fuck on my days off!
All the best,
Glad to help. Cheers,
Now Ive had to go buy Ice cream & tequila!
Mixed ’em both up, #GAINZ
Regards from UK.