How are your resolutions going so far? …I hope well.
Maybe you’re kicking ass, or maybe you’re freaking out. In any case, it’s super helpful to keep the limits of your own vision in mind.
Everyone faces a long series of challenges in life – your career, the gym, your relationships or otherwise. That’s most all there is, so, it’s critically important for you to get better and better at facing challenges. Be composed. Be confident as fuck! Before you start, believe that the thing is possible.
Attitude is everything, afterall.
Ultimately you have to find a solution that make sense and works for you. Do not copy what others do. Do not lose sight of the daily rhythym of chopping wood and carrying water, that’s how the work of progress get’s done. And most importantly, load your edges hard!
If you are not willing to invision and fight hard for the progress you want then you will never have it.
Tonights cocktail…The Corvette Summer
I’ll be honest, this show will probably sound twice as good if you have a few of what I’m having. Give this drink a try, it’s super simple:
- Fill your shaker with ice.
- Pour in the juice from a big, fresh red grapefruit. Do not use anything pre-squeezed or from a bottle, that’s just wrong.
- Add a big pinch of course salt.
- Pour in your tequila of choice. I have only two points to make. First, you don’t need anything expensive. There are many fine, reasonably priced varieties. Espolon is killer, for example. Second, you know you’ve got the booze right when it tastes like you’ve gone a bit too far. That’s an effective cocktail.
- Shake like hell then dump into a glass of your choice. I love my giant mason jar.
Saturday night Rx: One will do the job, and two’s pushing it. At my house, you can have 3.
Tonight’s tune is “All the Wine,” by The National. If you want our advice, find great music, share it, and then go buy it. Support the artists you love and that karma will come back to you.
- You can subscribe to Get Change on any podcast feed, like iTunes and Stitcher. If you dig the show, consider leaving a review or comment. That will help other folks find the message.
- Don’t miss Chris’ new book, “Get Change.” A limited batch of signed copies is up for sale now over at Merch.BarbellShrugged.com.